The UNESCO Fellowships Programmes
Fellowships are an effective modality for UNESCO to enhance the human resources and capacity-building of Member States, especially developing countries. Fellowships are specially tailored training which are designed to give qualified persons practicing or intending to practice a profession in the field of the UNESCO programme priorities an opportunity to receive additional and practical training, thus contributing to the advancement and circulation of knowledge and skill promoting development and international understanding.
Resolution 13.6 of the 28th session of the General Conference requests “…the Director-General to regard the National Commission as the official channel in Member States for the submission of fellowship applications…”. Thus, the UNESCO Secretariat cannot consider application from individuals. All applications must be channeled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and without this endorsement no application may be examined.
Available fellowship programmes;
II. Fellowshiips and other Opportunities Available
- The 2nd call for Partnerships of the Global Media Defense Fund 2021
- UNESCO Earth Network; Call for Applications for a roster of volunteer experts 2021
- Call for Projects:: UNESCO -Aschberg Programme 2021/2022 for artists and cultural Proffessionals
- UNESCO’s Fit for Life Photo Contest
- Call for Applications for ICESCO Young Professionals Program 2022
- Call for Proposals for 2nd Edition of Silk road youth Research Grant 2022
- Hamdan Bin Rashid AI Maktoum: ICESCO Prize for Voluntary Development of Educational Facilities in the Islamic World
- Call for nominations for the 2022 UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize
for the Promotion of Tolerance and the Non-Violence
- Turathy Photograhy Competion