What we do
UNATCOM's main work is done within its five core programmes:
- Natural Sciences,
- Social and Human Sciences,
- Culture and
- Communication and Information.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF UNATCOM
- Consultation: Working with a worldwide network of NATCOMs, advice government and national authorities on UNESCO programmes.
- Liaison: Liaise between partners at national, institutional, local or international level, UNESCO's secretariat and field offices.
- Information: collect, process and disseminate information on UNESCO's activities and programmes to the general public.
- Programme formulation, implementation and evaluation: ensure the promotion and implementation of UNESCO's activities and programmes in Uganda, identify priorities and involve intellectual/scientific community in programmes.