The Science Programme Committee of the National Commission are the intellectual arm of the Commission in respect of a specific field of competence. They are created to provide expert advice and guidance to the Commission in the Natural Science field so that the Commission may in turn competently guide government and its partners to maximally explore the opportunities and benefits available in UNESCO
Functions of the Natural Science Programme Committee:
The Committee Education will, inter alias perform the following duties;
- Advise the Commission on any Natural Science related technical and policies.
- Identify studies, research and innovation programmes in education issues
- Support UNATCOM in the coordination of Natural Science activities
- Review, interpret and prepare technical documentation, reports, papers, and legal instruments
- Review and document projects for presentation to UNESCO and other partners
- Mobilize actors and partners to actively participate in the UNESCO’s education programme
- Liaise with UNATCOM in Natural Science-related activities and participate as may require in the implementation , monitoring, review and evaluation of related programmes.
- Appraise and recommend Natural Science committee projects proposals submitted to the commission.
- Identify and recommend specific funding sources to UNATCOM
- Identify and recommend individuals and or institutions to UNATCOM for nomination/participate in UNESCO-Natural Science committee activities
- Carry out such other activities in the Natural Science field that may be required to help the commission achieve its objectives.